There are a number of dental implant specialists on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. In fact, the UWS is home to some of the leading implant dentists in New York City, including our very own Dr. Nam Park. If you’re wondering how to find the best dental implant specialist near you, these guidelines will help.
Look for the Latest Technology
Dental implant specialists should employ the latest technology at their practices. When it comes to implants, these technologies yield increased accuracy, better patient outcomes, and a more comfortable experience. Upper West Side Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery uses a state-of-the-art cone beam scanner for 360-degree views of your oral cavity, digital x-rays, and 3D digital impressions.
Make Sure Their Hours Are Convenient
If you have a demanding job, it might not be easy to take time off in the middle of the day to go to your oral surgeon’s office—and when you get dental implants, you’ll have a lot of appointments to go to. This is why it’s important to find a practice that offers hours that fit into your schedule. At Upper West Side Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, we have Saturday hours for our patients’ convenience.
Insist on Guided Implant Placement
Guided implant placement allows implants to be placed with more accuracy, resulting in increased predictability, safety, and efficiency. CBCT scans are used to create a three-dimensional model of your teeth and jaw, which gives your implant specialist the ability to plan the precise location, angle, and depth of each placement. Dr. Park has specialized training in using this technology to provide patients with optimal aesthetics, function, and longevity.
Seek a Qualified Oral Surgeon
Many patients who want dental implants are disappointed to find out that they need bone grafting or a sinus lift prior to implant surgery. Rather than seeing one specialist for your dental implant placements and another for any preliminary procedures you might need, you’ll make the process easier on yourself by choosing an oral surgeon who is capable of placing your implants and performing sinus lifts and bone grafting.
Look for Credentials and Honors
You may not be able to judge a book by its cover, but you can judge a dental implant specialist by their awards, credentials, honors, education, and professional associations. Each of these demonstrates a commitment to their field and to providing the best possible care to their patients. Dr. Park’s achievements include:
- DDS degree from the School of Dental Medicine at Columbia University
- MD degree from State University of New York College of Dental Medicine
- 6-year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Kings County/SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Fellowship in Cranial-Maxillofacial Surgery at Posnick Center for Facial Plastic Surgery and Georgetown University Medical Center
- Published in the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Attending surgeon at the Mount Sinai Hospital with full privileges
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, and Academy of Osseointegration